Fo this block, the forest academy, I am in a class called Inspirational Films and it got me thinking that there are many things that inspire me in this world. And I often write down quotes from people or literature that has impacted me the most. Today, I would like to share 25 inspirational quotes with you:
1. Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just in some of us; it’s in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.
2. Human reason exhausts itself ceaselessly to explain the inexplicable. Explanation itself is high comedy, as preposterous as trying to see the back of one’s own head, but the vanity of the ego is boundless, and it becomes even more overblown by this very attempt to make sense of nonsense. The mind, in its identity with the ego, cannot by definition, comprehend reality; if it could, it would instantly dissolve itself upon recognizing its own illusory nature. It’s only beyond the paradox of mind transcending ego that what Is stands forth, self-evident and dazzling in its infinite Absoluteness. And then all of these words are useless.
3. The thoughts of great men are our own rejected thoughts. they come marching back to us with a certain alienated majesty.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
4. Only one who devotes himself to a cause with his all strength and soul can be a true Master. For this reason mastery demands all of a person. -Albert Einstein
5. Even after all this time / The sun never says to the earth,/ “You owe Me.”
Look what happens/ with a love like that,/ It lights the Whole Sky.
6. Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect. – Mark Twain
7. When you make peace with yourself, you make peace with the world. – Maha Ghosananda
8. There is no difficulty that enough love will not conquer, no disease that enough love will not heal, no door that enough love will not open, no gulf that enough love will not bridge, no wall that enough love will not throw down, no sin that enough love will not redeem. It makes no difference how deeply seated may be the trouble, how great the mistake, sufficient realization of love will resolve it all. If only you could love enough, you would be the happiest and most powerful being in the world.
9. “Be a light unto yourself.”
10. ”The old concept of a religious man is that he is anti-life. He condemns this life, this ordinary life – he calls it mundane, profane, illusion. He denounces it. I am so deeply in love with life that I cannot denounce it. I am here to enhance the feeling for it.” -Osho
11. The journey of a thousand leagues begins from beneath your feet.
12. “A human being is a part of the whole called by us universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feeling as something separated from the rest, a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty.”
13. ” Life is now in session. Are you Present?”
– B. Copeland
14. What you see in the world is not the reality, but only an appearance. Deep behind the appearance, the mask, is the reality. To know the reality you have to be free from appearances. And all your attachments prevent you; you become attached to the mask. We rarely grow and become mature. We just go on changing our toys. We remain children; we go on changing our teddy bears.
15. “Man seeks joy in far off places and peace in quiet spots; but the spring of joy is in his heart. the haven of peace is in himself. Even when he walks on the moon, man has to take with him, his fears, his anxieties, his prejudices and his pet aversions.”
– Sri Sathya Sai Baba
16. ”Knowledge of the soul is the only universal truth and the only wisdom – all other knowledge is transient.”
17. When the shoe fits, the foot is forgotten.
When the belt fits, the belly is forgotten.
When the heart is right, “for” and “against” are forgotten.
No drives, no compulsions, no needs, no attractions:
Then your affairs are under control.
You are a free man.
– Chuang Tzu
18. Perception can make whatever picture the mind desires to see. Remember this. In this lies either Heaven or Hell, as you elect.
-A Course in Miracles
19. People are often unreasonable and self-centered. Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of ulterior motives. Be kind anyway. If you are honest, people may cheat you. Be honest anyway.
If you find happiness, people may be jealous. Be happy anyway.
The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway.
Give the world the best you have and it may never be enough. Give your best anyway. For you see, in the end, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.
— Mother Teresa
20. I was angry with my friend:
I told my wrath, my wrath did end.
I was angry with my foe:
I told it not, my wrath did grow.
– Willaim Blake
21. Life is one big road with lots of signs. So when you riding through the ruts, don’t complicate your mind. Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy. Don’t bury your thoughts, put your vision to reality . Wake Up and Live! – Bob Marley
22. Nobody is here to fulfill your dream. Everybody is here to fulfill his own destiny, his own reality. – Osho
23. I am aware that my reality & my conclusions are a result of my unique genetic structure, my life experience & my subjective feelings; and you are a different person, whose same experience (of whatever may or may not be out there) will be translated in your nervous system into something different. And I can learn from that. – Alison Harlow
24. Minds are like parachutes; they only function when open.
– Lord Dewar
25. Keep your desire turning back within and be patient. Allow the fulfillment to come to you. Gently resist the temptation to chase your dreams into the world. Pursue them in your heart until they disappear into the Self, then leave them there. It may take a little self-discipline–be simple, be kind, stay rested. Attend to your own inner health and happiness. Happiness radiates like a fragrance from a flower and draws all good things towards you. Allow your love to nourish yourself as well as others. Do not strain after your needs of life–it is sufficient to be quietly alert and aware of them. In this way life proceeds more naturally, effortlessly. Life is here to enjoy.
– Maharishi Mahesh Yogi